A mid-western gal from Michigan, Amy found herself planted in the South for Wilmington’s film industry. Becoming an actress after studying film/theater at Huntington University, she found her love for documenting weddings with Life Stage. She is the busiest filmmaker at Life Stage Films and as one of the few female videographers in the Southeast, she brings a feminine approach to wedding films. She resides in Wilmington, NC, with her husband, Nick, and children, Eli and Ada.
“One of the things I love most about filming weddings is the time BEFORE the wedding, when you and your girls are getting ready. Seeing the hectic-ness, the laughing and crying, all gets me excited for the moments during the rest of your day I know I’ll have the privilege of filming. It’s a rewarding job!”
Fun facts about Amy:
1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Nail Biting… it’s annoying because I can’t stop doing it!
2. Who is your hero?
3. What would we find in your refrigerator right now?
Leftovers from Mama Fu’s, Crush, Fresca, Juice, Milk, Tons of condiments, Veggies, Walnuts, Eggs, Yogurt, Pudding, Hot Dogs, Cheese, other randomness
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you want to have with you?
Does my husband count as a ‘thing’? I would take him if I could… but assuming I can’t. How to survive on a deserted island book, Bible, Satellite phone (with batteries & a signal)
5. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
I’m an actress so can I play the lead role?
6. If you could be a superhero, what superpower would you have?
7. If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time?
Go on a ‘Honeymoon’ to Europe, eat out more, hire a house cleaner, play outside & go swimming with my son, visit family,
go on a mission trip, make a goodbye videos for my loved ones and my kids, make sure my life insurance policy was really good.
8. If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Pay off debt, tithe, save, give to family, replace my white ’92 Buick LeSabre with something a little more my style, see every good show on Broadway in a knockout red dress, travel
9. What is your favorite thing about your job?
The thing I most enjoy about my job is the opportunity to create something beautiful that will help keep love alive.
10. Name 3 Things you LOVE
My son’s giggles, my husband’s kisses & bringing glory to God